Auto Repair Source
Learn to repair your automobile and when it is time to do routine maintenance. Powered by the automotive experts at MOTOR, Auto Repair Source provides the most accurate, authoritative and up to date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information, diagrams, maintenance schedules, parts and labor estimates, service bulletins and recalls.
Good to Know
Auto Repair Source contains the following:
- Service information for the most common maintenance and repairs
- Technical service bulletins and recall notices
- Component location diagrams for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks
- Colour coded diagrams and images can be easily magnified and printed.
- Precise and comprehensive wiring diagrams for all systems
- Maintenance schedules and estimated labour times for the most commonly performed operations in a mechanical repair shop
- Engineering specifications/standards for the most common repairs and adjustments
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), flowcharts and step-by-step diagnostic instructions covering powertrain, chassis, body, and network communication
- Part numbers, diagrams and pricing for thousands of the most commonly replaced parts, including manufacturer-suggested retail price to help users validate the cost of repairs and identify all iterations of a part number or part status (current, superseded, split, discontinued)
To get started, you will need to have the following:
- Your Library Card number and PIN
This resource works best on laptops and tablets using an internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.
Using the Database
Start by selecting the year, make, model and engine of your vehicle. A list of components, maintenance and repair schedule will appear. You may also choose to search for a specific component, part or system.
For more help, please visit the EBSCO Auto Repair Source help pages.