Good to Know
- The content includes every news story, photograph, map, advertisement, classified advertisement, political cartoon, birth, marriage and death notices and letters to the editor from The Globe and Mail.
- Exact replica of the paper from the day it was printed.
- Coverage from 1844 – 2018.
- Great tool for genealogical or historical research.
To get started, you will need to have the following:
- Your Library Card number and PIN.
You can access EBSCOhost on your computer through a web browser, such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.
Using a Computer
You can use the search bar to look for a person, place or event. Using the advanced search feature will help narrow or expand your search.
We recommend that you start with a broader search then attempt to narrow it down.
Think about the types of things you’ll find in newspapers: obituaries, engagement/wedding announcements, birth announcements, along with news articles about family members.
You may want to think about what the subject of your search would have been called at the time it occurred for example, World War 1 would be called the Great War or you could search using a date limiter.
Once you start your search, you can select limiters along the left hand side such as date and full text.
For more help, please visit Proquest’s help section.